Saturday, September 8, 2007

Pennies From Heaven and a Sense of Sloth

This morning, when, upon rolling over and squinting at my alarm clock, it said to me "it's Saturday, it's early, go back to sleep," I happily obeyed. Lazy, rainy days are certainly some of the best. My bed is soft and warm, and the hum of my fan is a lullaby that, in the slow syrupy sweetness of Saturday morning, I feel no need to resist. I hope you took advantage of your Saturday morning and did something delicious, something like...nothing! If you actually got up for some ridiculous reason like jogging or homework, please don't tell me, I don't want it to rub off. Give this girl a lazy languid luxurious lounging looooong lethargic lie-in, and I'll hear none of this "gym" or "early breakfast."

Despite the wonderful picture I'm painting of my lazy day, I'll admit that I got some decent practicing in. I even did homework, I'm sorry to say. Mostly though, I stayed in bed, or under the awning outside of the student center, and listened to the rain...

P.S. I can only pick up packages when the mail-room is open, which, unfortunately, leaves a very limited window for weekends, which I missed by a mile. I'll pick it up on Monday. XOXO, Erin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A long time ago

A million years BC
The best things in life
Were absolutely free
But no one appreciated
A sky that was always blue
And no one congratulated
A moon that was always new
So it was planned that they would vanish, now and them
And you must pay before you get them back again
That's what storms were made for
And you shouldn't be afraid for...

Every time it rains, it rains
Pennies from heaven
Don't you know each cloud contains
Pennies from heaven

You'll find your fortune falling
All over town
Be sure that your umbrella
is upside down

Trade them for a package of
sunshine and flowers
If you want the things you love
You must have showers

So when you hear it thunder
Don't run under a tree,
There'll be pennies from heaven
for you and me.

2 comments:

Spenser Isdahl said...

Haha, my day looked a lot like that too. Glad to see I;m not alone!

slothonthebeach said...

sloth is where it's at.