Later that evening, Daniel's philosophizing over his pecan pie (w/ butter pecan ice cream. I had the dutch apple with caramel, tried and true, but I digress). He came to the happy conclusion, in regards to my lack of fortune, that "Well at least we know it won't be a fireball of death." His logic was, of course, that since he still had to be awarded a great honor, he wasn't going to die tonight, which meant it probably wasn't a traffic accident on the way home.
Great. This is very reassuring considering how very comfortable I am driving the van after walking everywhere for three months.
Anyway, right now my hair smells like woodsmoke, my face is sticky with marshmallow, and I still exist. All is right in my world.
Tomorrow, I return to Obieland, around 5ish (emphasis on the ish). Let's do something fun.
Peanut Butter Blossoms/Peanut Butter Nipple Cookies
- preheat the oven to 375
- cream 1 cup sugar, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup butter and 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- beat in 2 eggs, 1/4 cup milk, and 2 tsp vanilla
- gradually add 3 1/2 cups flour, 2tsp baking soda, and 1 tsp salt
- roll the dough into balls, and roll these balls in granulated sugar so they're coated on all sides
- place on ungreased cookie sheets
- bake 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees.
- while they're baking, unwrap a lot of hershey's kisses.
- as soon as you take the cookies out of the oven, press a kiss into the center of each
- if you want, a little later you can come back and press the kiss down a little more so there's a nice ring of chocolate around it.
(this will make about 7 dozen cookies)