Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Isabella, You Sexy Thing (I Believe in Miracles)

I can't talk long., really I shouldn't be here at all, but I couldn't resist. Tonight the universe (and the "random" feature of iTunes) played a joke on me that, upon further reflection, seemed very appropriate.

For my Page to Stage theater class, I've been reading Shakespeare's Measure for Measure. Tonight marked my third attempt at deciphering Act II, and I needed a pick-me-up. I turned on my computer and let Fortune pick the soundtrack for the downfall of poor Angelo and Isabella. I laughed out loud when the universe replied in the voice of Barry White. That Shakespeare and Barry White, two of humanities great artists (connected by their common obsession) should sing such a duet brightened my evening considerably. Happy chance got me through Isabella's first meeting with Angelo (You Sexy Thing), and I switched off the random while Angelo and I made a Decision (What am I Gonna Do With You?). Because really, Willy, I Can't Get Enough of Your Love Babe.

Sunday brownies were a hit, by the way. If I keep this up, me and my chocolate goodies are well on our way to being the most popular sweet things in this dorm.

I'm going to be in a jazz band with Maggie, the trumpet from Cali and my hallmate, Erin, a pianist, and Caitlin, a saxaphone/vocalist from Page to Stage. None of us actually know how to play jazz, but that won't stop us. Our first rehearsal (jam session? gathering of awesomosity?) is tomorrow, and I cannot even tell you in words how FRICKIN STOKED I am.

I should be working. Wow should I be working. Oh well, sleep is over-rated. (Just kidding, mom :-D) Goodnight!

No comments: