Thursday, November 22, 2007

Full.

If I could, I would put this day in slow motion and live it again, savoring each sensation and every moment. The bites would last long enough to taste all the spices, smell every memory, and feel every grain of texture. I would have time to settle into the smell of everyone's hugs and feel loving arms around me for years at a time. My aunt's smiles and cousin's wildly gesticulated stories would stretch to fill me up, the snores and laughter and easiness would go on and on, and I could go back to my concrete cubicle feeling so full of love that it would buoy me up to winter break before real time had a chance to work me over.

Dinner was heavenly. It took nine chefs and three ovens to work the magic this year. As per tradition, all the men of the family arrived at my aunt/uncle's house early to make the delicious stuffing (the secrets of which are jealously guarded). The highlights of the evening included the smashed potatoes, green beans (stir-fried w/ mushrooms and almonds), corn pudding and stuffing. Also, the cranberries (served can shaped, the way they're supposed to be), artichoke dip, and rolls were delicious. The marshmallows on the sweet potatoes didn't catch fire this year, but turned a nice golden color (Lenny took a picture). And of course, there was plenty of groaning and grinning over the Derby pie, made by Emily and her friend Liz. For those of you not from Kentucky, Derby pie is a chocolate-pecan pie in a golden sugary crust. God laid it on the bluegrass on the 7th day to show his love for Kentucky.

After dinner, the men fell asleep in front of the TV (though if you ask them, they were all wide awake and engrossed in football, and definitely not snoring/drooling), and the ladies (+ Lenny) slumped back in our seats to sip coffee and share stories. Lot's of exciting/tragic/everyday/extraordinary Things have happened this year, and Plans are being laid.

In Other News:
-The Girls Are Back In Town! Scandal, pigging, and giggling will ensue.
- Daniel (my baby bro) is participating in this "no-shave November" business. He looks OLD.
-The Kids Table won the Awesome Award again this year, hands down. Grown-Up Table needs to step it up.
-Julie (my cousin) is still ridiculously ticklish.
-So am I.

Have you been outside tonight? It's a full moon, and everything's lit up, it's really beautiful. I'm gonna go for a walk after this, and I'll be thinking of you. (You=family and friends, people I love, and people I have yet to meet and love.) If you get the chance, I hope you look out at the same moon, and think of me too. Happy Thanksgiving, and goodnight!

love,
Erin
------------------------------
Uncle Bob's Corn Pudding

mix:
1 can whole kernel corn
2 cans creamstyle corn
2 eggs
1 tsp each salt and pepper (to tast)
2 Tbs butter
3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk

pour into a casserole dish
bake at 350 for 1 hour
turn off the oven and let it sit in the oven to set up.

8 comments:

kytbear68 said...

Erin,
You are right. The moon was beautiful last night. I stood outside (while the dog was doing his business) and just appreciated the brightness, beauty and quietness of the evening. It made me feel very blessed to be part of this world and to have those I love share life's adventures with me.

Have a wonderful weekend with the family. Just wish we were going to get to see each other but life got in the way this year. However, Christmas WILL be a different story. Maybe you can even come hang out for a couple of days before you go back to school or we'll come hang with you. You and I still owe each other a "date" on the town. :)

Much love,
Aunt JeNie

Anonymous said...

Hello there,

Thanks for sharing the link - but unfortunately it seems to be down? Does anybody here at grandadventuresoferineliza.blogspot.com have a mirror or another source?


Cheers,
John

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the link - but unfortunately it seems to be not working? Does anybody here at grandadventuresoferineliza.blogspot.com have a mirror or another source?


Thanks,
John

Anonymous said...

I've always liked things like sand clocks, lava lamps, and the like to good of rightful fritter away in days of yore staring at it as a form of catharsis. In a course, it helps me with meditation, to relieve stress and strain and just fantasize about nothing. That's why since I was a kid, in preference to of dolls and cars I've eternally cool more of such pieces like sand clocks, lava lamps, harmonious boxes etc. So I was most enchanted when I base the[url=http://www.dealtoworld.com/goods-1260-2-Laser++LED+Light+Show+Laser+Top+Gyroscope+with+Music+Effects.html] 2-Laser + LED Inconsiderable Appear Laser Outstrip Gyroscope with Music Effects[/url] from DealtoWorld.com under the Toys section. It's like a musical box, a spinning exceed, and a light show all rolled into one. Which is spectacular entertainment! The gyroscope transfer spin representing round a minute. The laser enlightenment manifest with accompanying music makes this gyroscope a rather incomparable toy that my friends get also been most amused with.

My dogs are also beautiful eccentric around the laser gyroscope I got from DealtoWorld.com. They unceasingly occupy oneself with the gyroscope as it spins, although at earliest they kept barking at the laser light advertise, and also because it produces music. But after they got worn it, they've stopped barking but virtuous maintain following the gyroscope whenever I start spinning it. Kids are also attractive amused by it. Occasionally it's moral to have fun toys around the house so that you can leave the small on while the kids are being amused or playing with it while you live get up scoff or receive changed. The gyroscope is one such trinket with this purpose.

The gyroscope I bought from DealtoWorld.com has a dragon as a design on it, and produces a dainty indicate with red, blue, and common colours. Steal a look at the pictures I've uploaded of the gyroscope with laser incandescence show. The music produced from the gyroscope is not that enormous but allowable adequacy to treat any supplementary guest to the house. The gyroscope is red and negro, making it look extraordinarily cool, and measure virile with that dragon imprint.

The music flare inform gyroscope runs on 6 LR44 batteries, which are replaceable anyway. I've also utilized this gyroscope to surprise my girlfriend during our anniversary celebration. I did the cheesy thing of decorating the pension room with roses and when I led her in, I started up the gyroscope as rise so that the laser brighten clarify produces a dreamed-up effect. I also had some battery operated candles so all the sunrise effects created a sort of romantic atmosphere. She loved it, by the style, to my relief. I also bought the candles from DealtoWorld.com. These days it seems to be my non-fulfilment shopping locality in return all gifts and ideas in support of emotional occasions.

Since Christmas is coming, this laser radiance show gyroscope can dialect mayhap be a superb Christmas gift in behalf of the toddler or even the pet! Alternatively, the gyroscope can really be a nice summation to the established Christmas decorations. I can fancy placing it just about the Christmas tree and peradventure spinning it when guests reach in the house. Looks like [url=http://www.dealtoworld.com]DealtoWorld.com[/url] is getting my business still again!

Anonymous said...

Aldon Smith Jersey axiotakix
Peyton Manning kids Jersey axiotakix
Russell Wilson Jersey axiotakix
http://www.authenticnikebuccaneersjersey.com

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.freewebs.com/quomem]bupropiona e fluoxetina
[/url]buy 30 pills Bupropion 150 mg
bupropion sr vs xl
bupropiona reações
online 60 pills Bupropion 150 mg
bupropion ingredients

Anonymous said...

|
|
The reason I mention my Familys creative use For the phonebook is that it speaks [url=http://www.germanylovelv.com/]Louis Vuitton kopierte Tasche kaufen[/url]
the shiFt in marketing techniques over the past Few years From the traFitional (yellow pages, print, raFio, etc.) [url=http://www.germanylovelv.com/]Louis Vuitton kopierte Tasche kaufen[/url]
the Web. It also sheFs some light on why Web Marketing, anF Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in particular, shoulF be a priority For your busines[url=http://www.germanylovelv.com/]Louis Vuitton Outlet[/url]
With more anF more people shiFting their attention online, businesses want an online presence [url=http://www.germanylovelv.com/]Louis Vuitton Outlet[/url]
match..

Anonymous said...

I think, that you are not right. I can prove it. Write to me in PM.
It is a pity, that now I can not express - I am late for a meeting. But I will return - I will necessarily write that I think on this question.
You are mistaken. Write to me in PM, we will talk.
What excellent interlocutors :)
I apologise, but, in my opinion, you are not right. I am assured. I can prove it. Write to me in PM, we will discuss.

[url=http://cheapoutletbag3.weebly.com/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://shenenmaoyiww.soup.io/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://www.homebasedbusinessprogram.com/profiles/blogs/are-kipling-bags-worth-it][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://www.purevolume.com/listeners/shenenmaoyif/posts/331237/Strategies+for+Packing+a+Duffel+Bag][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://shenenmaoyiqwe.webstarts.com/?r=20130121213506][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]