Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Gumption

It is a good thing I have such a twisted sense of humor, because today has been one of those days that, if I couldn't laugh, I would have had to cry. And everybody knows big girls don't cry!

So this morning I slept through my 9:00 AM class. In fact, I slept until approx. 9:40, and barely made it to 10:00 Music Theory. I don't know what happened, I set my alarm just like usual! The only thing I can figure is I must have woken up to turn it off, then gone straight back to sleep. Which is ridiculous, and I don't remember this, but it makes sense.

Anyway, that ended up being ok, because I just went to a later section of the 9:00 (which, as a side note, is far more energetic, and far easier to comprehend at @ 2:30 than it is at 9), but I was frazzled all morning. And I already wasn't doing so hot. So then, my 11:00 class, I find out five minutes before class that our major papers are due today (the syllabus was changed and I really don't think I got that email, but whatever). Luckily I'm awesome, and I finished it last night (ahead of the game, in my book), so all I had to do was email it to the professor, but still.

And then! Well, no, it doesn't get much worse than that, actually. When I write it out, it doesn't seem so bad, but understand, it was perfectly tragic at the time.

I'm sitting outside right now, and a bee just landed on my toe. My bare toe. Yeah.

In other news, I've still got it. And by that I mean my black bean chili is still a taste-bud teaser, crowd-pleaser, weekend-easer. And fudge brownies are still magic.

1 comment:

Linda Lobb said...

Oh my God, what a day! How awesome that you were able to salvage it. A very impressive set of coping skills you have, my dear.
You must make some black bean chili for me when you are home.
And brownies!
Love,
Mom