Saturday, September 29, 2007

Support and Centripetal Motion

Simple Pleasures of College Life (excerpts from my weekend so far):

-Taking your clothes and sheets out of the dryer, then immediately donning a warm clean night-gown, slipping between the newly softened and toasty covers, and breathing deep the "Outdoor Fresh Scent" of clean. (as a side note, this new-laundry smell will always make me smile, because of a row of sweet-smelling shirts hanging beside a futon, and the boy who kept them there)

-Centripetal motion in the arms of a competent dance partner. (Tonight I attended the first of the year's monthly contra dances. Contra dancing is kind-of like square dancing, but more fun, with more spins, more partner interaction, and more natural bouncing and leaning. The next dance is Saturday, and I'm going to play in the band! The pianist is writing out the chords for me, I can't wait! And I'll be able to dance as well, which I'm thankful for. Between the swing dancing, the contra dancing, the biking and the rock-climbing, I'm gonna be in such good shape when you get me back! Except I'm eating ice cream with every meal... but it's not my fault, they have cinnamon, how am I supposed to resist that?!)

-
Cinnamon ice cream.

-Hugs from the ones you love. (Mom and Grammy are here visiting! Everything seems so much better because of that. I've been showing them around campus and catching up on news.... but really, I'm just soaking in/storing up love to hold me over till fall break.)

-Sleeping. I do love to sleep. In fact, I think I'll go get some sleep right now. (Wooo, yeah!)

No comments: